Hong Kong Street Eating


It is customary for Hong Kong restaurants and cafés to serve customers with cups of water or hot tea upon sitting at the tables.

Coming from Singapore, I was at a loss of what to do with the water or tea. I have presumed these tea and water is free and is served for consumption purposes. That was what I have always supposed until I saw a couple of Hong Kongers washing their utensils with the water and tea. Upon seeing it, I thought of vomiting what I have drunk as I was unsure whether the fluids I have downed my throat was potable in the first place!

Anyway, I have not bothered to ask the waiters in the restaurant on the purpose of the fluids served free for customers. Anyway, I believe these fluids are for drinking but these could be used for the washing of utensils if the customers want … correct me if I am wrong.

Popular posts from this blog

Last day of Chan Brothers Europe Tour: Paris Free and Easy (Day 10)-Part 1 of 4

Lucerne tour: Chapel Bridge and The Lion Monument (Day 7 of Chan Brothers Europe Travel)

Paris Tour, Eiffel Tower and River Seine Cruise: Tour of France (Day 9 of Europe Tour)